I’m so excited to be nominated to be nominated for this award!! I’ve seen a lot of other blog posts about it and always thought it seemed like such a fun and interesting thing to take part in, not to mention a HUGE privilege to actually be nominated. I want to give a very, very big thank you to OnePeculiarGirl for nominating me for this award, I’m so glad you enjoy reading my blog x
I also couldn’t recommend her blog more!! It’s so good and I love reading it, especially her Liebster Award post which you can read here!! Don’t forget to check her out!!!
Everyone knows that a post where you get to know others is my favourite. I love anything where I can be nosy and see what people like/dislike and interesting little things about them.
The Liebster Award is for bloggers, by bloggers.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their post.
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers, with your own set of questions.
- Tag your chosen bloggers, and don’t forget to tell them as well.
Now onto the questions…
1. What made you start blogging?
I first found out about blogging when I was in college studying Media. We had to write a blog rather than present a load of coursework. A few years later, my cousin told me to share my poetry work on a blog, which was when I started my first blog, which you can view here. I then started working for an estate agent where I was writing a blog all about the local area for them and I was starting to receive a lot of feedback for it. That’s when I decided that I had a lot of post ideas and I enjoyed doing it so much!!! It’s been a little over 3 months now and it was the best decision I made.
2. What do you enjoy doing, other than blogging?
I love to read (psychological thrillers are my thing at the minute) and write. I am in the process of writing a book, although I struggle finding time to work on it at the moment, also, it’s on my laptop which is broken so I’m still figuring out how to get it back (cursing myself for not backing it up somewhere else), and I have my poetry blog. Other than that I go to dancing every week which is honestly the best escape I could ask for, and I’m super excited for my dance show next week!!
3. Has there ever been a time when you didn’t want to blog?
Honestly, yeah. After my first month or so, I had amazing viewing numbers, I was so surprised and proud of myself but after that, it started becoming less and less, now I feel like I have hardly anyone actually reading my blog. But everyone has to start somewhere and I’m going to carry on doing what I love.
4. What is your favourite band/singer/genre of music?
I love anything that I can sing along too, other than that there isn’t really a genre I prefer. I love 80’s music, musicals, pop charts, Arctic Monkeys, Rihanna, 90’s music etc etc but my favourite artist has to be Shania Twain… Forever & Always!!!
5. Where would you like to be in five years time?
I want to be living with my boyfriend, in a job that I enjoy (hopefully I will have found something by then…) and still doing my blog.
6. What is your go-too thing when you’re not feeling too good?
I usually just have a nice long bath, watch a couple of Kendall Rae videos and relax. An early night, plenty of water and a lot of moaning and feeling sorry for myself 🙂
7. What is your favourite part about blogging?
I love how free I can be. I find my blog to be the best place for me to share everything on my mind. I love having the freedom to talk about whatever I want, whenever I want. That’s the one thing I hated about writing the blog for my previous job. I couldn’t give opinions or be myself at all, I had to write things I sometimes didn’t agree with and it made me feel awful. (Give this post a like if you want to see a post all about that experience). Oh… and my blogger group chat!! Those girls keep me going x
8. If you could give your past-self advice, what would it be?
Stop letting others control what you do. Stop trying to please EVERYONE. It’s not the end of the world that you’ve fallen out with a friend or broken up with your boyfriend who you were with for like 3 months. Everything happens for a reason and each thing is directing you to the path you’re destined for.
Don’t do things such as going to a college really far away or going to university just because your friends are or just because you think itWelcome‘s what people want you to do, you will succeed as long as you’re happy.
If it won’t matter in 5 years, don’t spend 5 minutes crying about it.
I couldn’t be happier in my life at the minute (well, I could if I was finished with uni but I’ll keep plodding along). I have family, friends and my gorgeous boyfriend who love me and that is all I need.
9. What was your first blog post?
My first post on my blog was my Welcome post which you can read here, but the first one I wrote, and definitely my favourite post I’ve written was The Most Amazing Experience Ever which you can read here.
10. Do you feel blogging has helped you in any way?
Yes for sure. I’ve definitely learnt to be myself and not let others judgement cloud my vision of who I can be and what I want to do! I’m so much more myself since I began blogging.
11. Where would you love to visit?
Definitely Italy. I went on a school trip once when I was in year 6 but I want to go back with my boyfriend and have a proper experience rather than one planned by the school filled with boring educational aspects. I also went to Paris with school and found it very overrated, to me, Italy is much more romantic.
I’m also dying to go to the Maldives!!! If you ask my boyfriend one place I want to visit he would definitely say there, hopefully we get a chance to go before it sinks 😦
So there you go, I hope you enjoyed reading this post!!
The 11 bloggers I’m tagging are:
- Sophie – Trafotoz
- Charlie – Charlies Wonderland
- Abi – Abi Says
- Niamh – Grab A Cuppa
- Soph – Life of Little Things
- Amy Marie – Impishoradmirable
- Terri – Terri Talks
- Natalie Leanne – Natalie Leanne
- Gemma – Life of a Gem
- Vikki – Planet Vikki
- Amber – Ambambe
Your 11 Questions:
- Why did you first start blogging?
- What is your favourite topic to blog about?
- What is your favourite tradition that you do at Christmas?
- If you could meet one person, dead or alive, and ask them one question, who and what would it be?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
- What three things are on your Christmas list?
- If you could have any one thing you wanted right now, what would it be?
- There’s a snow storm, you can’t get very far, you have no electricity and only a couple of hours battery life left, but you’re not alone, what do you do to entertain yourself?
- What is your favourite movie and TV show?
- If you had to choose to spend three months in one place, blogging about your experience, where would you go and which one person would you take?
Be sure to tag me in your posts, I’m looking forward to reading them!
Bye for now