After a week of nothing but takeaways and junk food, it’s about time I started eating healthy again. I’ve been working on my book of recipes again and found an interesting one online on Delish for a Greek Chicken Stuffed Zucchini. I only like courgette (what we Britt’s call a Zucchini) if its roasted and so I decided to mix it up and change a few bits to make my own version.
If you decide to try this, I’d love to see your pics so tag me on twitter @HannMariee__ or share to my Facebook page !
- 4 Sweet potatoes, halved
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 chicken breasts
- Feta cheese
- 3 garlic cloved, diced or minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pierce your sweet potatoes and put on a baking tray with some oil and a little salt. Put into the oven on 180 degrees and cook for 40 minutes.
- Season your chicken breasts on a baking tray with whatever spices you like (I used a chicken oxo cube and some Cajun spice) place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep all your veg and add your garlic and onions to a frying pan, cook for 5 minutes before adding your peppers. cook your veg till soft then leave to rest.
- Take your chicken out of the oven and shred using two forks. Add your chicken to the vegetables before adding the juice of your lemon and a little bit sprinkle of paprika.
- Take your sweet potato out of the oven and scoop out the insides. You may need to slice in the way you would prepare an avocado if it’s still a little hard. Add the filling to your pan and stir in.
- Take the pan off the heat and add half your block of feta cheese, mix in well so the feta starts to melt a little.
- Spoon the ingredients into each of your potato skins, top with the remaining cheese and place back into the oven for 10 minutes, till the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a side of coleslaw or salad.
I made the mistake of not doing enough skins but enough filling to fill probably two more!! We could have fed another two people with what I made but my portion control has never been the best!!
also, the coleslaw we bought was disgusting!!!!! Maybe I’ll have to try homemade next time!