I N G R E D I E N T S
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 leek
- 1 red onion
- 150ml double cream
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- garlic granules
- puff pastry
- One small bottle of white wine
M E T H O D
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Prep all of your veg and dice your chicken. Add boiling water to the chicken stock cubes and stir well.
2. Put one tablespoon of butter in the man and melt, before adding your onions. Add the garlic and paprika (I never measure herbs and spices, just add however much or as little as you’d like).
3. Add the chicken. Cook for roughly 5 minutes, or until it has gone white all over (not necessarily cooked all the way through). Remove the chicken from the pan (trying to leave in the onions where possible) and leave to rest, preferably in a bowl.
4. Pour the wine into the pan with the onions and cook off the alcohol for 5 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms & leek and fry for 5 minutes, adding more butter if you feel necessary.
6. Add the stock to the pan, and put the chicken back in, making sure to add the juices also. Cover and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Add to a casserole dish and roll the pastry on top.
8. Cook in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
B E S T S E R V E D W I T H
Creamy mash potato – I tend to use double cream to make my mash and a little sprinkle of garlic for an added flavour.
Honey Roasted Carrot & Parsnips.